Monday 18 November 2013

To Decal or not to Decal?

Well we just bought a "new" caravan.



New to us but pretty old.  I am guessing mid 70s but I am not really sure.  It is a York, it is going to be a challenge.  We were so desperate to buy a van, that we inspected with rose coloured glasses.  Today we went inside and spent some time in there.  There really is a lot of work.  We are probably going to have to do a total re-lining, not something that we originally wanted to do.  If you know us, you will know we are about as handy as a bikini in a snow storm!

....and ofcourse I am getting ahead of myself.  I have already chosen the fabric for our curtains.  We also have a vintage fabric store , so that part was easy.  I found an amazing bolt of vintage 70s orange and yellow fabric that will be perfect for the job.

I have also found the perfect awning and colour scheme.  I know I should probably keep it more original but brown is not very inspiring.  Below is what I had in mind.   I am going to order this awning from the US.  No one here seems to know what I want and they only make those roll out kind of awnings.  I want one more like the original.


From Vintage Trailer Supplies

My other question, which is really quite irrelevant at this stage is, to decal or not to decal.  I keep seeing gorgeous flower power looking vans and thought that ours could look sweet like that too.  Mr Posh Camping is not so convinced!  What do you think?  (photos via Pinterest)








2 comments:

  1. Decals! I love the variety you can get and if they peel off easily, then that is great if you change your mind later on! Of course, you wrote this some time ago now... how did you get on???

    ReplyDelete